THE FIRST ANNUAL DEAN BURNETTI LAW SCHOLARSHIP CONTEST
Dean Burnetti Law recognizes the vast expense related to higher education. While tuition for American colleges and universities continues to rise, students and their parents are often left with momentous financial adversity. To help defer some of this cost for one lucky student, the Dean Burnetti Law Charitable Foundation is proud to announce our first annual $1,000.00 college scholarship contest!
• Applicant must be enrolled in an accredited United States college or University during the 2017-2018 academic year.
• Applicant may not have won any previous contest hosted by Dean Burnetti Law during 2017.
• Applicant may not have any other scholarship or financial assistance in place.
This year’s contest will be a video contest with the theme:
“THE DANGERS OF DISTRACTED DRIVING”
• Videos must be at least 1 minute long but no longer than 3 minutes.
• Videos must be submitted in MOV or WMV format.
• Any music used must be original or you must own or you must present the copyright to use any other music in your video.
• All contestants must be able to provide signed releases for all persons appearing in their video.
• Do not use any identifying personal information in the video such as a license plate number, name tag, driver’s license, or telephone number.
• Entries may be any style such as original music video, poem or essay reading, technical, interview, narrative, documentary, fiction, live action, animation, or slideshow.
• Dean Burnetti Law is a Christian Law Firm, and while we do not require entries to be religious-based, we respectfully ask that the video entries not contain actors (or animated characters) who swear or gesture in a way that could be considered offensive.
• Entries should not contain graphic gore such as excessive blood or severed body parts.
• Any entries containing any language or imaging considered vulgar or offensive by the viewer will be immediately disqualified, and the applicant submitting such entry will be banned from entering any future contest hosted by Dean Burnetti Law.
• Applicants may submit up to 3 entries per contest using separate emails.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants should send their video as an (WMV or MOV) attachment in an email to Rachel@BurnettiLaw.com by December 15, 2017 5:00 PM EST. If the video attachment is too large to email, a DropBox link will be acceptable. “Video Scholarship Contest” should be in the subject line. In the body of the email, applicants should include the following information:
• Your name and phone number
• The name of the school you are attending
• Your course of study and expected graduation date
• A link to your Facebook profile so that we can confirm your identity and school enrollment
• Release(s) (Download Here) signed by all person(s) appearing in your video, including voice-only actors.
THE FOLLOWING FACTORS WILL BE CONSIDERED WHEN SELECTING A WINNER:
• Responsiveness to the topic assigned
• The quality of the message expressed in the video
• The substantive content of the video
OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES:
Upon submission, all entries submitted to the Dean Burnetti Law in connection with this contest, along with all copyright, trademark and other proprietary rights associated therewith, become the property of Dean Burnetti Law.
Entry materials will not be returned to any entrant. By submitting an entry, you acknowledge that if you win the scholarship contest, Dean Burnetti Law will own all rights to publish and promote the submission.
The winning entry as well as any or all other entries may be posted on any of Dean Burnetti Law’s websites or social media pages. Entrants acknowledge that they give permission for their names and likenesses to be used in conjunction with these videos being published.
USE OF NAME AND LIKENESS:
• Each entrant consents to Dean Burnetti Law’s use of their name and area of residence, as well as the use of their likeness (as in a photograph) and prize information.
• First Day to Submit Application: November 1, 2017, 12:00 AM EST
• Deadline to Submit Application: December 15, 2017, 5:00 PM EST
• Send completed materials to: Rachel@BurnettiLaw.com
• Contest winner will be notified via telephone call or email on December 29, 2017. No other applicants will be personally notified.
• There are no fees associated with applying for the scholarship. The winner of the scholarship may be required to send a photo that may be posted on Dean Burnetti Law’s website. PLEASE DO NOT CALL DEAN BURNETTI LAW.
• A one time, non-renewable scholarship in the amount of $1,000.00 will be made payable to the winning student.
• The scholarship check will be written from The Dean Burnetti Law Charitable Foundation’s bank account.
• Winner will be required to complete a W-9 Form before payment is issued and will be subject to local and federal income tax.